The services of the Geology Sector include the following.
- Ensure the implementation of basic and detailed geological research works, design, supervision, reviews and project consultations.
- Conduct geological, engineering geology and hydrogeological research as a basis for the design and construction of all kinds of structures.
- Prepare geological, geological engineering and hydrogeological maps, analyses, studies and designs.
- Conduct geological research on locations and deposits of natural building materials.
- Conduct hydrogeological research for exploitaton of underground water.
- Prepare hydrogeological maps, analyses and studies, and provides expertise on researching and utilising thermal and mineral waters.
- Design and entirely constructs wells and well systems for water supply of communities and industrial capacities.
- Review the technical documentation of proejcts and analyses the areas of geology, engineering geology and hydrogeology.
- Conduct geophysical research and testing.
- Conduct hydrogeological research in order to determine the degree of pollution and distribution of the pollution in the underground waters.
- Conduct hydrogeological research in order to define the protection zones of the underground water sources.
- Prepare fundamental geological engineering and hydrogeological maps on a national level.
- Prepare ecological maps.